Software Engineer Intern (f/m/d)
Brighter AI Technologies is a Berlin-based startup founded in 2017. At Brighter AI, we are working to overcome limitations in human and computer vision with artificial intelligence. With our innovative anonymization approach using deep neural networks, we are already on the way to solve the 'data privacy vs. analytics dilemma' for more than 1.1bn public cameras. NVIDIA recognized Brighter AI by naming us 'Europe’s Hottest Startup' in 2018.
Our Deep Natural Anonymization technology utilizes state-of-the-art AI, embedded in a high performance stream processing pipeline to generate artificial faces and license plates indistinguishable from real ones. An anonymization of this kind not only allows for compliant data handling, but also enables businesses to use the data without constraints to extract customer insights and build new models.
As part of the team, your role will be vital to the success of the startup. Your tasks will depend on the skills you bring and your personal interests. Some examples are:
- Assisting in the design and development of software solutions based on our current pipeline
- Collecting and preparing data needed in our experiments and development cycles
- Work in an agile team environment by applying software engineering best practices, while being exposed to innovative technologies.
In order for you to be successful in this role, you should have:
- Have solid Python development skills:
- Be able to quickly learn and adapt
- Be fluent in English
It would be nice if you have:
- C++ development skills
- Experience with Git on multi-person projects
- Experience with data-processing frameworks like OpenCV, NumPy, and pandas
- Startup experience
What we’ll offer you:
- Membership in a dedicated team with a friendly and open mindset (basically, we are just really nice people)
- An attractive work environment in one of the most exciting and innovative cities
- Competitive salary
- High responsibility and direct impact on the company’s success
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Fixed training budget
- Free breakfast, fruits, drinks
- Friday beers
- Team activities like barbecues, game nights, monthly team lunch, and much more
- Health & public transportation benefits
Our ten-person team is an amazing mix of cultures, degrees, hobbies, and dedication. We are young and passionate about data, privacy, artificial intelligence, development, and people. If your were nodding your head while reading this posting and you want to take part in changing what anonymization means, then this is your place! Let’s have a conversation today about how you would fit in our team; apply or reach out.