Senior AI Researcher (f/m/d)
Brighter AI Technologies is a Berlin-based startup founded in 2017. At Brighter AI, we are working to overcome limitations in human and computer vision with artificial intelligence. With our innovative anonymization approach using deep neural networks, we are already on the way to solve the 'data privacy vs. analytics dilemma' for more than 1.1bn public cameras. NVIDIA recognized Brighter AI by naming us 'Europe’s Hottest Startup' in 2018.
Our Deep Natural Anonymization technology utilizes state-of-the-art AI, embedded in a high performance stream processing pipeline to generate artificial faces and license plates indistinguishable from real ones. An anonymization of this kind not only allows for compliant data handling, but also enables businesses to use the data without constraints to extract customer insights and build new models.
As part of the team, your role will be vital to the success of the startup, mainly through working alongside a diverse team of engineers, developers, and researchers in:
- Pushing algorithms and models from a conceptual “research” phase through to a product-ready design
- Supporting in the development of the AI strategy
- Training and mentoring fellow researchers and developers in the team
- Implementing novel machine learning algorithms and systems for generative models, including GANs
- Improving and extending existing models
In order for you to be successful in this role, you should have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in building large-scale computer vision projects, from the level of researching a prototype to the level of production
- Proficiency in at least one of PyTorch/TensorFlow
- Willingness to mentor and teach colleagues
- Experience working with generative models like GANs, invertible models(e.g. Glow, PixelCNN, NICE, Real NVP), VAEs, energy-based models, etc.
- A structured and scientific way of working
- Good understanding of current papers in the area
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience in a startup environment
It would be nice if you have:
- C++ development skills
- Experience with MATLAB
- Startup experience
What we’ll offer you:
- Membership in a dedicated team with a friendly and open mindset (basically, we are just really nice people)
- An attractive work environment in one of the most exciting and innovative cities
- Competitive salary
- High responsibility and direct impact on the company’s success
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Fixed training budget
- Free breakfast, fruits, drinks
- Friday beers
- Team activities like barbecues, game nights, monthly team lunch, and much more
- Health & public transportation benefits
- You will also have the chance to write technical papers to top-tier conferences such as NIPS, CVPR, ICML, ICCV, etc.
Our ten-person team is an amazing mix of cultures, degrees, hobbies, and dedication. We are young and passionate about data, privacy, artificial intelligence, development, and people. If your were nodding your head while reading this posting and you want to take part in changing what anonymization means, then this is your place! Let’s have a conversation today about how you would fit in our team; apply or reach out.